Elected to the Bar: 2023
Liability limited by a Scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation
Chris accepts briefs in a wide range of commercial and public law matters.
Prior to coming to the Bar, he acted in various high-profile, sensitive and challenging matters including:
- in the successful defence of a $100m+ appeal for a multi-national resource company.
- for a port authority in avoiding port closures during the pandemic.
- for the President of the Legislative Council in upholding parliamentary privilege against encroachment by a statutory corruption inquiry.
- as a Solicitor Assisting the Perth Casino Royal Commission.
Chris has acted for a broad range of clients including international and domestic banks and resource companies, government regulators, statutory corporations, high-net-worth individuals, and Aboriginal corporations.
Chris maintains an active pro bono practice, with a particular focus on civil and human rights cases.
Before coming to the bar, Chris was a senior associate with Corrs Chambers Westgarth, and Research Associate to the Hon Justice Pritchard and the Hon Justice Tottle of the Supreme Court of Western Australia.
Chris holds a Juris Doctor (Dean’s List for Academic Excellence/Research by Invitation) and Bachelor of Arts (French and Political Science & International Relations) from the University of Western Australia, and the ARITA Advanced Certification (Advanced Insolvency) from the University of Technology Sydney.
Date of admission: 14 December 2018
Qualifications: Juris Doctor (UWA); BA (UWA); ARITA Advanced Certification (UTS)
Areas of practice
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Environment and Planning
- Industrial and Employment
- Inquests and Inquiries
- Public and Administrative