Jenny McKenzie acts in professional disciplinary and regulatory matters, as well as in commercial litigation. She appears in the superior State and Federal courts and tribunals.
Before joining Francis Burt Chambers, Jenny was Special Counsel in the insurance team of MinterEllison, and was formerly a Senior Associate at MDS Legal. She has regularly advised and acted in professional disciplinary and associated matters for various health boards in the State Administrative Tribunal, Supreme Court and Federal Court.
Jenny has wide experience advising and acting in complex professional liability, public liability, discrimination, employment and property disputes and associated litigation. Jenny also has extensive experience in alternative dispute resolution procedures including mediations, conciliation conferences and arbitrations.
Date of admission: 2006
Areas of practice
- Common Law and Personal Injury
- Industrial and Employment
- Employment benefits | disputes
- Employment contracts | disputes
- Independent contractor disputes
- Industrial/union disputes
- Investigations | inquiries
- Public sector arbitration | appeals
- Restraint of trade
- Statutory employment rights (unfair dismissal; general protections etc)
- Work health and safety criminal prosecutions
- Work Health and Safety Tribunal
- Inquests and Inquiries
- Public and Administrative