Elected to the Bar: 2021
Liability limited by a Scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation
Bryden practises in commercial and public law.
He has appeared as sole counsel in most courts and tribunals in Western Australia. He regularly appears in the Supreme Court, District Court, and Mining Warden.
His recent experience includes:
- actions for breach of contract, misleading conduct, unjust enrichment, proprietary estoppel, breach of trust, negligence, and conversion and detinue;
- oppression and insolvent trading proceedings;
- judicial review proceedings in the Supreme Court; and
- objection and forfeiture proceedings before the Mining Warden.
Bryden’s written work is concise and modern. His oral advocacy is considered and direct.
Before joining the Bar, Bryden was a Senior Associate at DLA Piper’s Perth and London offices.
A CV is available on request.
BA (UWA), JD (Melb), LLM (Lond)
Date of admission: 2014
Areas of practice
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Public and Administrative