Elected to the Bar: 2021
Liability limited by a Scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation
Bryden practises in commercial dispute resolution and public law.
He has advised and appeared in matters before the Supreme Court, District Court, Magistrates Court, State Administrative Tribunal, and Mining Warden.
These matters include:
- actions for breach of contract, misleading conduct, breach of fiduciary duties, and negligence;
- applications for judicial review in the Supreme Court; and
- objection, forfeiture, and restoration proceedings before the Mining Warden.
Bryden has acted for clients in various industries, including mining, construction, property development, and transport.
Bryden’s written work is concise, plain, and modern. His advocacy is considered and direct.
Before joining the Bar, Bryden was a Senior Associate at the Perth and London offices of DLA Piper.
Bryden is a member of the RSPCA’s pro bono legal panel. He has prosecuted animal cruelty offences for the RSPCA.
BA (UWA), JD (Melb), LLM (Lond)
Date of admission: 2014
Areas of practice
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Public and Administrative