Elected to the Bar: 2022
Liability limited by a Scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation
Blake accepts briefs in a wide range of commercial disputes. He represents clients before domestic and international arbitration tribunals and Australian courts; both led and unled.
Blake’s experience includes acting in:
- complex contract disputes in the energy and resources sectors including in relation to gas supply agreements, and shareholder disputes;
- large-scale construction disputes in the infrastructure and oil & gas sectors, including before international tribunals, the Supreme Court, and via adjudications;
- joint-venture, post-M&A and partnership disputes, including claims about pre-emptive rights, breach of contractual warranties and related claims for statutory misleading or deceptive conduct, and claims about breaches of partners’ duties;
- disputes that relate to issues of arbitration and other issues of international law, including applications to stay court proceedings in favour of arbitration, enforcement of arbitration awards, advising or acting in treaty arbitrations and responding to state immunity defences and the associated treaty interpretation analyses;
- insolvency disputes, including statutory demands and claims for winding up;
- general contract claims including simple breach claims, and debt recovery or mortgage enforcement/resistance claims in all State courts.
Blake is also available to assist in sporting related disputes and tribunals as an advocate or tribunal member. He is a regular tribunal member for the WA Football Commission and provides assistance on an ad hoc basis to other sporting associations.
Prior to the Bar, Blake was a Senior Associate in Allen & Overy’s litigation and arbitration team in Perth and worked as an associate at other large law firms in Perth and London. He also spent time on secondment at an international oil & gas company and an international investment fund.
A detailed CV can be provided upon request.
Date of admission: 2013
Areas of practice
- Alternative Dispute Resolution