Elected to the Bar: 2016
Liability limited by a Scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation
Alex Mossop has a broad practice with a focus on the following areas:
- General commercial matters.
- Employment law.
- Criminal law particularly white collar and corporate crime.
- Regulatory, consumer protection and civil penalty proceedings including ACCC and ASIC matters.
- Regulatory and statutory offences.
- Disciplinary proceedings.
- Restraining orders.
- Inquests and inquiries.
- Sporting tribunals.
Alex is also regularly appointed to conduct independent investigations, inquiries and mediations.
He began his career at Freehills (now Herbert Smith Freehills) before serving as Associate to the Honourable Justice AN Siopis of the Federal Court of Australia.
He then practised at Tottle Partners and regularly appeared in commercial, regulatory and disciplinary matters. While at Tottle Partners he was seconded to the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
Immediately prior to joining the Bar, Alex practised at Timpano Legal in a broad range of criminal and quasi-criminal matters which required regular court appearances in contested applications and jury trials.
Alex also serves as a Legal Officer in the Australian Army Reserve.
Date of admission: 2010
Qualifications: BA (UWA), LLB (Distinction) (UWA), Grad Dip Military Law (ANU)
Areas of practice
- Commonwealth offences
- Regulatory offences
- State offences
- Environment and Planning
- Industrial and Employment
- Employment benefits | disputes
- Employment contracts | disputes
- Independent contractor disputes
- Industrial/union disputes
- Investigations | inquiries
- Restraint of trade
- Statutory employment rights (unfair dismissal; general protections etc)
- Work health and safety criminal prosecutions
- Work Health and Safety Tribunal
- Inquests and Inquiries
- Public and Administrative